You can drink alcohol about 8 hours after taking CBD oil (or other CBD products like CBD gummies, other edibles, and CBD capsule supplements).
However, taking CBD and alcohol together is usually considered safe.
But you should consider the possible side effects of mixing CBD and alcohol.
Let’s discuss this in detail.
Also Check Out:
How Long After Taking CBD Oil Can I Drink Alcohol?
You can drink alcohol about 8 hours after taking CBD oil to avoid any interaction between the two substances.
What happens if the two substances interact with each other?
There isn’t enough research to pinpoint the exact effects of mixing CBD and alcohol. But preliminary evidence shows that this can result in both positive and negative effects.
Moreover, the effects of CBD use vary on an individual level.
So mixing CBD and alcohol can affect each person differently.
Note: CBD is a type of cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. But unlike THC (another cannabinoid), the CBD extract doesn’t have psychoactive effects.
|Read More: Discover the 4 surprising factors that affect How Long CBD Takes to Work in your body.|
What Happens When You Mix CBD and Alcohol?
Let’s explore the possible side effects and benefits of mixing alcohol and CBD.
You might experience these side effects if you take CBD and alcohol together:
- Might Enhance Intoxication Levels: CBD and alcohol might amplify each other’s effects, resulting in stronger intoxication levels.
- Might Increase Sedation and Sleepiness: As both substances have a relaxing effect, mixing them might cause you to feel more drowsy.
- Might Cause Physical and Cognitive Function Impairments: CBD and alcohol consumption can cause impairments in your motor and psychomotor performance.
- Might Have a Negative Effect on Your Perception of Time and Intoxication Levels: Mixing the two substances might result in an inaccurate judgement of time and your intoxication levels.
|Read More: Find out How Long CBD Stays In Your System and the major factors that affect its metabolism.|
Taking CBD and alcohol could also lead to some positive effects, such as:
- Might Reduce Alcohol Cravings: CBD use can reduce symptoms of alcohol addiction and prevent excessive alcohol consumption.
So if you’re prone to overdrinking, taking CBD oil may help to reduce your alcohol intake. Now there’s still not enough research in that area. But some animal studies show that CBD can reduce alcohol dependence, substance use (including opioid and stimulant abuse), and alcohol use disorder symptoms.
- Might Lower Blood Alcohol Levels: In a clinical trial, people who took CBD and alcohol had lower blood alcohol concentration than those who consumed only alcohol. That’s because CBD can help the liver process alcohol quicker.
- Might Reduce Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms: Having a killer hangover after a long night of drinking? CBD might make it less overwhelming. It might reduce alcohol withdrawal symptoms like nausea, headaches, and fatigue.
- Might Prevent Cell Damage: Drinking alcohol regularly, alcohol abuse, and alcohol poisoning can cause liver disease, cell damage, and cancer. According to some studies, CBD can reduce neurodegeneration and even prevent liver disease.
Fun fact: Brands like Cannabrew and Aqua Sativa offer CBD-infused alcoholic beverages like CBD infused beer, gin, and vodka.
|Read More: Check out these 9 Refreshing CBD Drinks that will surely excite your taste buds!|
CBD and Alcohol: Is It a Good Idea?
Honestly, there’s no clear answer.
Due to limited research, it’s hard to identify the exact effect of mixing CBD and alcohol.
To be safe, ensure you consume them in moderation and at least 8 hours apart from each other.
If you’re looking for the best CBD oil products, check out the GreenBox CBD product range today.