Want fuller, shinier, and healthier hair?
But you might be wondering:
Keep reading to find out…
Also Check Out:
- CBD Oil for Hair: 5 Scientifically Proven Benefits
- How to Use CBD Oil for Hair?
- How to Choose the Right CBD Product
- 4 Great CBD Products for Hair: GreenBox’s Hot Picks
- 6 FAQs about CBD Oil for Hair
CBD oil helps combat various hair-related problems:
Do you know what causes dry hair?
Each strand of hair is made of protein. A lack of protein can leave your hair looking dull and devoid of colour, making it dry.
The good news?
A CBD oil supplement can be an effective remedy for dry hair.
CBD contains amino acids and vitamin E, which contribute to silkier and shinier hair.
2. CBD Oil for Hair Growth
Look: Shedding some 50-100 hairs every day is normal.
But if your thinning hair doesn’t grow back at the same rate it’s falling out, we have a problem.
How does CBD oil help here?
CBD oil contains a few essential nutrients (including omega-6 fatty acids) that help maintain a healthy scalp.
A 2021 study found people who applied CBD oil to their scalp for over six months saw successful regrowth patterns.
Plus, applying CBD oil to your head helps seal moisture when sebum levels are low, promoting healthy hair growth.
CBD oil helps grow hair. Great!
But can it prevent hair from falling out in the first place?
Absolutely! CBD oil not only stimulates hair growth but can also slow down hair loss.
Hair loss often occurs due to improper blood circulation to the hair follicle roots.
Research shows CBD oil can improve blood flow around the hair follicles when applied to the scalp. Increased blood flow means more nutrients are delivered to the hair follicle, reducing hair loss.
|Interesting Fact: Did you know hair loss is caused by many factors like a lack of nutrients, genetics, and high stress levels? It happens regardless of your hair type!|
Your hair is regularly exposed to dust, pollution, and harmful UV rays.
The hair follicles become lifeless and feeble — you may even get an itchy scalp.
Scientists have found CBD oil has potent moisturising properties that can help you achieve shinier and healthier hair.
|Pro Tip: General hair moisturising could help prevent your hair color from fading.|
Dandruff, psoriasis, folliculitis, dermatitis, and eczema.
What do they have in common?
All are pesky scalp conditions that occur when your scalp is irritated or inflamed.
The good news?
CBD oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties that can nourish and soothe a flaky and itchy scalp. Its fatty acids can help moisturize your hair, as well as your scalp.
So you’re ready to add CBD oil to your hair care routine.
But you might be wondering…
Some ways to use CBD oil for hair include:
- Apply directly to the scalp: The most effective way is to apply CBD oil straight to your scalp. Massage a small amount of CBD oil directly onto your head and leave it for a few hours before washing it.
- Mix with shampoo or conditioner: Don’t want to apply CBD oil directly to your scalp? Add a few drops of hair oil to your shampoo or conditioner and use it.
P.S: The benefits discussed above were based on studies involving direct CBD hair oil application. The effects may be reduced when CBD oil is diluted with another hair care product.
- Food consumption: Adding CBD oil to food or taking CBD edibles (like CBD gummy supplements) can contribute to overall hair wellness. But this won’t have a strong effect as a direct application.
|Read more: Here are 9 Trouble-Free Ways To Incorporate CBD Oil into your daily routine.|
Want to find a reliable CBD product for hair?
Some things to consider when picking a CBD product include:
- Ingredients: Choose a CBD product sourced from raw and natural ingredients. Also, buy a broad spectrum or a CBD isolate (instead of a full spectrum) product, as these are 100% THC-free.
P.S. Full spectrum products contain THC and are illegal in the UK.
- Certificate of Analysis: Look for products with a certificate of analysis (CoA). A CoA is issued by an accredited laboratory, verifying whether the product is safe to use.
- CBD content: Check how many milligrams of CBD are in each product serving. If you’re new to CBD treatment, start low and go slow until you find your optimal dosage.
- Reputable brands: Look for trusted and transparent brands. Also, consider products with positive customer reviews or awards. All these indicate high-quality CBD hair products.
Try our favorite CBD hair products:
- Love Hemp 1200mg Orange CBD Oil (£49.99): Take this medium-strength CBD oil product sublingually or add to your favourite food and drinks. It could improve hair health and rejuvenate thinning hair.
- Infinity CBD 500mg Oil Drops (£29.99): These oral CBD drops are a great beginner-level product. They are completely natural and contain olive oil — an excellent supplement for brittle or knotty, curly hair.
- Vitality CBD 2400mg Natural Spray and Dropper (£29.99): Here’s a high-quality infusion of CBD and organic coconut oil. This oral CBD hair product is suitable for everyone, regardless of hair type.
- CBD Shampoo 200mg Pure CBD (£24.99): This CBD infused shampoo might be just what your hair needs. It contains omega oils and vitamin F, which can restore your damaged hair.
|Read more: Still want to shop around a little? Take a look at the Top 10 CBD Oil Supplements available today.|
Here are some common questions about CBD oil hair treatment:
1. Are There Any Side Effects To Using CBD Oil?
CBD products are generally considered safe to use.
However, if taken in extremely high doses (more than 100mg/day), CBD can cause:
- Changes in appetite
|Read more: Here is some important information about CBD Oil Side Effects and how to avoid them.|
2. Does CBD Make You Feel High?
Unlike THC, CBD will NOT make you feel high.
Here’s the deal:
CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant and has mild psychoactive properties, but it’s a non-intoxicating cannabinoid.
The cannabinoid is usually extracted from the hemp plant — a cannabis plant variety with low concentrations of THC (less than 0.2%).
3. What Is The Difference Between Hemp Oil And CBD Oil?
Both hemp oil (aka hemp seed oil) and CBD oil are extracted from the Cannabis sativa plant.
Here’s how they differ:
- Hemp seed oil is extracted from the hemp plant’s seeds and has almost no useful cannabinoids. But it contains plenty of essential fatty acids and nutrients.
- CBD oil comes from the plant’s leaves, stalks, and flowers. It’s rich in beneficial cannabinoids, unlike hemp oil.
CBD is often combined with hemp seed oil or coconut oil to create CBD oil products.
CBD dosage may vary from person to person depending on factors like:
- Your body weight
- CBD content
- CBD product type
According to recent research, topical application of 3-4mg of CBD every day for six months increased hair growth by a whopping 93.5%.
|Pro tip: Want to use CBD oil for oral consumption? Use our free CBD Oil Dosage Calculator to determine the right dosage.|
5. Can CBD Oil Be Used To Treat Alopecia?
Alopecia is an autoimmune disorder that causes scalp inflammation and severe hair loss.
It could be genetic or caused by factors like high stress and anxiety levels.
CBD may not directly treat alopecia.
But it could help reduce alopecia symptoms like inflammation (due to CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties).
6. Are There Any Other Alternative Hair Treatments I Can Try?
Proper hair treatment and a healthy diet are vital elements of a holistic hair care regime.
Consider incorporating these habits and supplements into your daily routine:
- Eat a protein-rich diet: Eating foods high in protein, antioxidants, calcium, and omega-3 fatty acids (like eggs and fish) will improve your hair health.
- Take vitamin supplements: A deficiency in zinc and vitamins A and E can lead to hair loss. Try taking a multivitamin supplement in the morning.
- Hemp seed oil: Hemp seed oil is a great hair care product — it contains essential fatty acids, vitamin E, amino acids, and high amounts of zinc.
- Use spironolactone pills: Spironolactone is a prescription medication for people with alopecia (an autoimmune disorder that causes hair loss). It can slow down the production of androgen — a hormone that contributes to hair loss.
- Try topical tretinoin: Tretinoin promotes cell development, which is essential to healthy hair growth. Try applying a tretinoin product to your wet hair while showering.
|Quick Tip: Check these helpful guidelines for alopecia management from Harvard researcher and dermatologist Neera Nathan.|
Try CBD Oil For Healthy Hair
CBD oil is a useful supplement if you struggle with hair-related issues.
Want to give CBD oil a try?
GreenBox offers some of the best CBD oil products, topicals, CBD edibles, and more! We have everything you need to reach your healthy hair goals.