CBD ONLINE STORE
Shop the full range of leading CBD products from the very best UK brands, selected by the GreenBox wellness experts for you. Read FAQs
1. What is CBD?
Usually extracted from Cannabis sativa (hemp and marijuana), CBD may offer many physical and mental health benefits — pain relief, anti-anxiety effects, improved sleep quality, etc.
Unlike THC — the psychoactive cannabis plant compound, CBD is a safe and non-intoxicating food supplement.
2. Where Does CBD Come From?
CBD companies extract CBD from an industrial cannabis or hemp plant with low THC concentrations.
They typically use CO2 (higher-potency) or solvent extraction techniques.
Some manufacturers further process the extract to remove contaminants, THC, and other controlled cannabinoids to create the final CBD product.
3. What are the Health Benefits of CBD?
CBD may provide relief from:
- Acute and chronic pain (joint and muscle pain relief)
- Insomnia and other sleep-related disorders
- Mental health conditions like anxiety or depression
- Skin conditions like acne, dermatitis, and psoriasis
And that’s not all.
Cannabidiol has also shown potential in managing serious medical conditions like:
4. How Does CBD Work?
CBD works by interacting with your endocannabinoid system (ECS).
What’s the ECS?
It is a biological system of cannabinoid receptors spread throughout the body. It regulates key body functions like sleep, pain and immune response, appetite, and more.
5. What are the Different Types of CBD Products?
There are many CBD products — from CBD oils (CBD extract in a carrier oil like MCT oil or coconut oil) to CBD balms infused with essential oils.
Here’s a quick look at the types of CBD products based on the intake:
|Type of CBD Product||Examples||Shows Effects of CBD in|
|CBD sublingual||CBD oil drops, oral sprays, CBD tincture||15 - 30 mins|
|CBD edibles||CBD gummies, capsules, cookies, drinks||1.5 - 4 hrs|
|CBD topicals||CBD balms, creams, lotions, serums, bath salts, bath bombs||15 - 60 mins|
|CBD transdermal||CBD patches||~1hr|
|CBD inhalation||CBD vape, aroma sticks, nasal sprays||3 - 15 mins|
6. What CBD Products Should I Get?
Consider these aspects when shopping for CBD products:
- The type of hemp extract: Do you need a full spectrum CBD, broad spectrum CBD, or CBD isolate product? Unlike CBD isolate and broad spectrum CBD, full spectrum CBD contains THC and is illegal in the UK.
- Desired effect: Do you want CBD’s anti-anxiety effects? Or are you craving relief from post-workout muscle pain? Choose the best CBD product accordingly.
Try these best CBD products based on your needs:
|For||Suitable CBD Products||Our Best-Selling CBD Products|
|Chronic pain & joint pain relief (daily physical stress, arthritic pain)||CBD oil tincture, CBD oils, balms, CBD creams, muscle rubs, roll-ons|
|Anxiety & stress||CBD oils, CBD tincture, capsules, bath salts, bath bombs|
|Energy & focus||CBD tincture, oils, CBD gummies, capsules|
|Immunity||CBD oil tincture, CBD gummies, capsules|
|Skincare||CBD balms, bath bombs, bath salts, massage oils, creams|
7. Are CBD Products Safe?
Nonetheless, seek medical advice and take precautions for your overall wellness.
- Taking an extremely high amount of CBD (more than 100mg/day) may cause adverse effects like nausea, diarrhoea, dry mouth, etc.
GreenBox recommends: Starting your wellness journey with a low to medium dose (20-50mg daily) and gradually increasing the dosage to feel the desired effect.
- Healthcare professionals advise against using CBD while pregnant or breastfeeding as it may affect fetal development.
- Avoid applying CBD skincare products on broken skin or open wounds. Also, do a patch test before using a CBD topical product — especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Practice caution when taking CBD with alcohol and other prescription medications. Studies show CBD may interact negatively and cause adverse effects.
8. Can a CBD Oil Product Get Me High?
Although CBD is derived from cannabis, it doesn’t get you high like THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).
GreenBox’s CBD products are 100% THC-free. You only get the highest-quality CBD to help you feel relaxed and centred.
9. Are CBD Products Legal in the UK?
CBD products are legal in the UK as long as they meet these four essential criteria:
- They’re marketed and sold as food supplements — not as medicinal products.
- They have less than 1mg (0.01%) of controlled substances (THC, THCV, and CBN).
- The UK gov also requires all CBD products to be formulated with other active/inert substances so that THC doesn’t separate from the end product.
- CBD edibles should be Novel Food authorized.
10. Do I Need a Prescription to Buy a CBD Product in the UK?
A CBD product is sold as a food supplement in the UK and doesn’t require a medical prescription.
However, you’ll need a prescription for a CBD-based medical cannabis product like Epidyolex (used for rare forms of epilepsy).
11. Are CBD Products the Same as Medical Marijuana (Medical Cannabis)?
No, CBD oil products and medical marijuana aren’t the same.
Here are two key differences:
- While a CBD product is a food supplement, medical cannabis (cannabis oil) is an umbrella term for cannabis based medicinal products a doctor can prescribe for specific medical conditions.
- Medical marijuana usually contains high levels of THC, whereas CBD products typically contain little or no THC.
12. Can I Fail a Drug Test Due to a CBD Product?
CBD could show up on a drug test.
But since it’s legal in the UK and most other countries, you shouldn’t face any problems.
Bottom line: You’ll only fail a drug test if your CBD product contains THC.
13. What to Look for on a CBD Product’s Label?
The CBD product label can help you check their formulations and identify high-quality products.
Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Type of CBD: Check if the CBD oil product is a full spectrum CBD (all cannabinoids in the cannabis plant, including THC), broad spectrum CBD oil (all cannabinoids except THC), or CBD isolate (pure CBD).
- CBD potency: Determining the potency will help you choose an optimal dose. If it’s a high-strength CBD product, you won’t need to consume much for the same effect as a low-strength product.
- Certificate of analysis: A Certificate of Analysis from an accredited third-party lab ensures the product has been tested for THC and other contaminants, like pesticides and heavy metals.
- Other ingredients: Some CBD products contain additional ingredients like coconut oil, vitamins, terpenes, and other plant-based essential oils
Check the ingredients to understand their specific benefits and prevent potential allergic reactions.
Pro Tip: Don’t confuse CBD oil with hemp oil.
CBD is extracted from the flowers, leaves, and stalks of the hemp plant. In comparison, hemp oil (aka hemp seed oil) is made from the plant’s seeds.
Hemp oil has almost no beneficial cannabinoids but is rich in nutrients and fatty acids and is used as a carrier oil to dilute pure CBD extract.
14. Why Choose GreenBox for All Your CBD Needs?
GreenBox is your one-stop shop for premium and trustworthy CBD brands.
- GreenBox offers premium quality products from the best CBD companies like Love Hemp, Vitality CBD, Provacan, Mission C and more.
- We only stock lab-tested CBD products, ensuring their purity, potency, and safety.
- All our products come with a CoA (Certificate of Analysis) for maximum transparency.
- Our CBD range is vegan and free from artificial flavours, preservatives, colours, parabens, and other nasties.
- You get access to authentic customer reviews to make an informed decision.
- We offer free 48-hour delivery within the UK.
- You can get a full refund for an unopened product within 30 days or exchange an opened product within 60 days.
Let us Help you
GreenBox is here to help you discover which products best suit your needs. We encourage you to contact us below and we promise to get back to you shortly.Contact us