Experience the many skin benefits of CBD creams. It can help condition and protect your skin, reduce sebum, and act as a powerful antioxidant. Read FAQs
CBD Creams & Skincare Benefits
While CBD is more popular as a food supplement, combining this ingredient with other botanicals and minerals can also do wonders to your skin.
CBD skincare products have powerful antioxidants and offer many benefits for your skin, including:
- Reducing inflammation and irritation
- Helping with muscle soreness and other body pain
- Rejuvenating ageing skin
- Protecting from free radical damage
- Moisturizing dry skin
Incorporating high-quality CBD products from GreenBox’s product range can help you improve your daily skincare routine and give you an extra glow. We offer a wide range of CBD skincare products, from serums and balms to massage oils and creams.
1. What is CBD Cream?
A CBD cream is a topical product infused with CBD (cannabidiol) — a cannabis plant compound with therapeutic benefits.
It has a different skin feel and consistency (due to the cream base) compared to oil-based topical CBD products like CBD balm or CBD salve.
2. How Does CBD Cream Benefit You?
CBD — the primary active ingredient in topical CBD cream — is known for its incredible skin healing and pain relief benefits.
- A CBD cream for skincare may:
- Provide deep nourishment and hydration of dry skin
- Protect skin from stressors like UV rays and free radicals by providing a cooling sensation
- Control sebum production
- Provide anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- A CBD pain cream or a CBD sports cream may:
- Ease muscle soreness and joint pain due to physical stress
- Help support athletic recovery
- Provide relief from chronic pain associated with medical conditions like arthritis
Use a CBD topical cream with healthy and organic ingredients, like coconut oil, seed oils, vitamin E, aloe vera, arnica, or shea butter, for added skin benefits.
3. What Skin Conditions can CBD Cream Help With?
Try a CBD cream if you have:
- Dry skin
- Acne and breakouts
- Wrinkles and fine lines
4. How do I Use CBD Cream?
Take a dollop of CBD skin cream or body cream and apply it on clean skin.
For muscle and joint relief, massage CBD pain cream on the affected area using gentle circular motions.
5. How does CBD Cream Work?
CBD topical products (CBD cream, balm, or CBD lotion) have a localised effect.
When you apply topical CBD cream, the CBD doesn’t reach the bloodstream. Instead, it interacts with the cannabinoid receptors in the skin.
These receptors signal your endocannabinoid system to initiate pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects.
6. How Long do CBD Skin Care Products Take to Work?
A CBD face cream or body cream may take 15 minutes to 1-2 hours to show effects.
Specific conditions, such as wrinkles and eczema, may take up to a few weeks of consistent application for noticeable improvement.
7. Is CBD Cream Safe?
CBD is safe and well-tolerated in normal doses.
But like with any other topical supplement, you should take some precautions when using a CBD relief cream:
- Before trying CBD, Consult your doctor for medical advice if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or on other prescription drugs.
- Avoid CBD creams containing non organic ingredients to prevent harmful pesticides from seeping into your skin.
- Perform a patch test by applying a small amount of CBD lotion or CBD face cream to your skin before using the product. This is especially important if you’ve sensitive skin.
- Never apply a CBD cream on broken skin or wounds.
8. What Should I Look for on a CBD Cream’s Label?
Check the CBD cream label for:
- CBD potency: The CBD potency in the cream will determine the quantity you need and how quickly you may feel the effects.
- Type of CBD: The topical may have full spectrum CBD, broad spectrum CBD, or a CBD isolate. Choose a broad spectrum CBD or CBD isolate cream to avoid THC.
Note: Full spectrum CBD products are illegal in the UK as they contain THC.
- COA: A certificate of analysis (COA) will help you ensure the CBD topical is high-quality and free from harmful additives and THC.
- Non-CBD ingredients: Check the ingredients list for other ingredients like essential oil or menthol for added benefits.
- Source of hemp: Generally, the origin of the hemp extract will indicate its quality. Always go for brands that are transparent about their hemp plant source.
9. Will CBD Cream Get Me High?
A CBD cream will NOT make you high because CBD has no intoxicating properties.
With topical application, even psychoactive cannabinoids like THC (in full spectrum CBD topicals) won’t reach the bloodstream.
10. Can CBD Cream Make Me Fail a Drug Test?
CBD will appear on a drug test, but that shouldn’t be concerning since CBD is legal in the UK and approved by the World Doping Agency (WADA).
But drug tests screen for THC. So, avoid any full spectrum CBD product to be safe.
11. Do I Need a Prescription to Buy CBD Cream?
You do NOT need a prescription to buy CBD creams since CBD is sold as a food supplement (not as medicine) in the UK.
12. Is CBD Cream Better than CBD Oil?
Both CBD oil and CBD cream are excellent therapeutic supplements. So consider your personal preference and desired benefits while choosing.
You’ll love CBD creams for their quick and targeted skin healing and pain relief effects.
But if you’re looking for full-body benefits, go for a sublingual CBD oil.
GreenBox recommends: Combine a CBD body lotion, topical cream, or balm with CBD oil for more potent effects of CBD.
13. How Long Can I Store CBD Cream Before it Expires?
Usually, CBD cream has a shelf life of around 1-2 years. But this depends on added ingredients like shea butter, aloe vera, menthol, etc.
Always check the product label for a use-by date.
To make your CBD cream last longer:
- Buy a CBD cream with high-quality ingredients
- Store it in a cool place away from direct sunlight
14. Can you take CBD Cream on a Plane?
CBD products that comply with UK laws, like the ones at GreenBox, can be taken on domestic flights.
But CBD laws vary from location to location. So if you’re travelling internationally, check the destination country's CBD regulations.
15. What are the Best CBD Skincare Products I Can Buy Today?
Here are some of the best CBD cream options you should consider purchasing:
- Vitality 300mg CBD CBD Skin Cream: This lavender-scented CBD relief cream is a high-quality product to moisturize and hydrate your skin.
- Mission C Antioxidant + Day Cream: Say goodbye to nagging skin conditions with Mission C’s anti-oxidant cream, enriched with lavender essential oil and shea butter.
- fourfive CBD Muscle Rub: This CBD muscle balm is a perfect antidote to sore muscles after an intense session on the field or gym. For stronger effects, combine it with these top CBD oils for athletes.
16. Why Choose from the GreenBox CBD Cream Range?
- Premium and organic CBD products from trusted brands like Vitality CBD and Mission C.
- CBD product range free from THC and other harmful additives like heavy metals and pesticides.
- Transparent brands with COA for their products.
- Products containing hemp extract sourced from sustainably farmed hemp.
- Vegan-friendly and cruelty-free products free from animal products like marine collagen and beeswax.
Flexible delivery options, free shipping for purchases over £35, full refunds for unopened packages & convenient returns. Read our shipping, returns, and other policies in detail.
Let us Help you
GreenBox is here to help you discover which products best suit your needs. We encourage you to contact us below and we promise to get back to you shortly.Contact us