Try CBD edibles for a nutritious, delicious, and controlled dose of CBD. From CBD chocolates to CBD gummies and drinks, there’s something for everyone. Read FAQs
1. What are CBD Edibles?
CBD edibles are ready-to-eat food, snacks, and drinks infused with CBD (cannabidiol).
Besides being convenient, they’re an excellent way to add flavour to your daily dose of CBD.
2. What are the Different Types of CBD Edibles?
Some quality products currently available in the market are:
- CBD snacks: A CBD snack is a nutritious and tasty way to take your CBD dose. Popular CBD snacks include CBD brownies, CBD flapjacks, and CBD cookies. Pair a CBD cookie with your CBD tea to easily incorporate CBD into your routine.
- CBD sweets: Treat yourself to blissful relief anywhere, anytime with CBD sweets and CBD gummies. Choose from:
- CBD jelly domes
- CBD honey
- CBD gummy bottles of CBD gummy bears, gummy worms, or gummy cherries
- A grab bag of CBD dark chocolate and more.
- CBD drinks: CBD drinks and beverages offer a discreet and convenient way to take your dose of CBD. CBD tea bags, coffee, cocktails, juices, fizzy drinks, smoothies… the list is endless.
- CBD capsules: A CBD capsule, like the Provacan CBD 2100mg Gold Capsule, provides a controlled amount of CBD. These broad spectrum CBD capsules are tasteless — an excellent choice if you don’t like the earthy flavour of CBD oil.
Note: A CBD capsule (aka soft gel CBD capsule) usually contains a liquid form of CBD oil, while a CBD tablet contains CBD in powdered form. This may affect how your body absorbs CBD.
3. How Many CBD Edibles Should I Consume at a Time?
Start on a low CBD dosage of 20-25mg daily (1 Wicked Gummy Co CBD Gummy), gradually increasing it based on desired effects.
The UK’s FSA recommends a maximum of 70mg CBD daily — roughly 3 CBD gummies, CBD cookies, CBD chocolate balls, peach rings, or mints with a 20-22mg dosage per serving.
4. What are the Benefits of CBD Edibles?
The highest quality CBD edibles, whether it’s CBD tea bags or CBD infused gummies, may help with:
- Pain relief
- Easing chronic inflammation
- Better sleep and mental health
- Boosting overall wellness
Plus, CBD edible products come with pre-measured CBD content. This makes it convenient to take your desired CBD dosage without the hassle of measuring it.
5. How Long Does It Take to Feel the Effects of CBD Edibles?
Typically, edibles may take 1.5-4 hours to kick in, while the effects of CBD may last up to 6-8 hours once absorbed.
The exact duration depends on factors like body weight, CBD potency, and how your body reacts to CBD.
How does this compare with other CBD products?
Let’s take a look:
|CBD Products||Time Taken to Feel the Effects (approx.)|
|CBD oil, CBD tincture||15 - 30 mins|
|CBD vapes and CBD e-liquid||3 mins|
|CBD patches||1 hour|
|CBD balm, CBD bath bomb||15 - 60 mins|
Note: Both CBD oil and hemp oil contain hemp plant extracts, but the latter has almost no CBD.
6. How Do CBD Edibles Work?
CBD edibles pass through the digestive system before entering your bloodstream.
So it takes a bit longer to interact with your body’s endocannabinoid system and produce the desired effects.
7. CBD Edible vs CBD Oil — What is the Difference?
|CBD edibles (CBD infused gummies, capsules, sweets, etc.)||CBD oil, CBD tincture|
Note: Bioavailability is the amount of CBD that reaches blood circulation.
8. How To Choose the Right CBD Edibles?
Check these four aspects when buying a CBD edible product:
- CBD type: Check if the CBD edible is a CBD isolate or pure CBD (contains only CBD), broad spectrum CBD (contains CBD and other cannabinoids), or full spectrum CBD (contains all cannabis plant compounds, including CBG and a high THC concentration).
Note: Full spectrum CBD products aren’t legal in the UK.
- CBD strength: Choose a high-potency CBD edible (roughly 60mg per serving) or a low-potency one (roughly 20mg per serving) based on your dosage requirements.
- Certificate of Analysis: Review the Certificate of Analysis by visiting the brand’s website to ensure the product has been lab-tested for THC and other contaminants like pesticides, heavy metals, etc.
- Ingredients used: Understanding the different synthetic and natural ingredients can help you pinpoint potential allergens.
- Brand reputation: Research customer reviews to understand if the brand and products are authentic and safe.
Note: CBD edibles made using CBD hash are classified as cannabis-based products for medicinal purposes and require a hospital specialist prescription.
9. Can I Make CBD Edibles Myself?
Yes, you can make CBD edibles at home.
Try this step-by-step CBD gummy bears recipe for a quick, simple, delicious DIY CBD treat.
10. How to Store CBD Edibles?
Storing CBD edibles correctly can help you preserve their freshness and potency.
Here are three essential tips to keep in mind:
- Refrigerate or freeze them: Refrigerating your CBD snacks will keep them fresh for a week or two. Use the freezer if you’re looking to store them for longer.
Pro tip: Avoid storing your CBD edibles in the refrigerator door, as sudden shifts from hot to cold can cause your snacks to go bad.
- Avoid exposure to light and moisture: Keep your CBD edibles in dry and dark places to prevent premature decay. Exposure to moisture can cause mould to grow on your CBD edibles. In some cases, the excess heat may cause certain ingredients, like gelatin, chocolate, etc., to melt.
- Store in airtight containers: Use airtight containers to keep moisture and bugs away from your CBD edibles. It also keeps your CBD edibles out of reach of pets and children.
11. Can I Give CBD Edibles to Kids?
Giving CBD edibles, like CBD jelly domes, to minors (below 18 years) is illegal unless prescribed by a medical professional.
12. Are CBD Edibles Safe?
Yes, CBD edible products are generally well-tolerated and safe to consume by adults above 18 years.
However, a word of caution for CBD users:
- Avoid consuming a CBD snack or using any CBD product when pregnant or breastfeeding, as it could risk the baby’s development.
- Steer away from combining your CBD product with alcohol and other prescribed medicines.
13. Do CBD Edibles Have Any Side Effects?
Some CBD users may experience mild side effects, mainly when the daily CBD dosage exceeds 100mg.
These side effects may include:
- Dry mouth
- Change in appetite
14. Are CBD Edibles Legal in the UK?
CBD edibles are legal in the UK, provided they comply with these legal requirements:
- CBD edibles (including a CBD capsule) must be marketed and sold as food supplements, not as medication.
- As mandated by the FSA (Food Standard Agency), they should be authorised as Novel Foods.
- They shouldn’t become a source for extracting THC.
- They should be made from an industrial hemp plant (Cannabis sativa strain with less than 0.2% THC).
15. Will CBD Edibles Get Me High?
CBD isolate (pure CBD) and broad spectrum CBD edibles sold in the UK won’t get you high as they don’t contain THC — a major psychoactive substance in the cannabis plant.
16. Do CBD Edibles Show Up on a Drug Test?
Yes, CBD may appear on a drug test.
However, CBD isn’t a controlled substance in the UK. So you needn’t worry if you test positive for CBD.
17. Does GreenBox Offer Vegan and Halal CBD Edibles?
Yes, all our CBD edibles and other products are vegan.
18. Why Choose GreenBox for CBD Edibles?
GreenBox is a high-quality CBD store where you only get the best CBD products that are 100% THC-free.
You also get:
- A wide range of CBD products like a CBD bath bomb, CBD capsule, CBD oil, CBD balm, sprays, and more.
- Certificate of Analysis (CoA) for all our products, guaranteeing they’ve been lab tested for CBD strength, purity, and safety.
- Genuine customer reviews to help you make a well-informed decision.
- Free delivery in the UK within 48 hours.
- Full refund for unopened products within 30 days or exchange an opened product within 60 days.
Let us Help you
GreenBox is here to help you discover which products best suit your needs. We encourage you to contact us below and we promise to get back to you shortly.Contact us