Get your daily dose of CBD in a tasty and convenient format. Try our selection of the best CBD gummies in UK. Read FAQs
1. What are CBD Gummies?
CBD gummies are flavoured, chewy edibles infused with a cannabinoid called CBD (cannabidiol).
These CBD sweets may also contain added vitamins and minerals, making them potent health supplements.
|Note: Hemp gummies (made from hemp oil) aren’t the same as CBD gummies. Hemp gummies and hemp oil have almost zero beneficial cannabinoids.|
2. What Are the Benefits of CBD Gummies?
CBD gummies are quite easy to carry and consume. They’re perfect for people who don’t like the natural hempy taste of CBD oil.
Plus, they offer CBD’s health benefits, like:
- Improved sleep: CBD sleep gummies may be effective supplements for sleep-related conditions like insomnia and sleep apnea.
- Pain management: Pair your CBD topicals with CBD gummies for a potent pain management aid.
- Stress and anxiety relief: Popping a few CBD infused gummies may ease stress and anxiety.
- Regulates appetite: Unlike THC, CBD doesn’t cause the munchies. Instead, CBD edible gummies could regulate your appetite and keep digestive issues at bay.
- Improved skin health: Keep your skin healthy and radiant with antioxidant-rich CBD gummy bears. They may also be a safe remedy for acne and wrinkles.
- Better immune response: CBD edible gummies may support your immune system, helping you fend off seasonal allergies and the flu.
Moreover, each CBD gummy bear has a precise amount of CBD. This makes them ideal for beginners and first-time CBD users who don’t want to measure each dose.
3. How Do I Take CBD Gummies?
You can take them like normal sweets or other edibles (like CBD capsules) as per the recommended serving size.
Take your gummy at different times of the day to figure out how it fits into your daily wellness routine.
4. How Many CBD Gummies Should I Eat?
You can take anywhere between 1-5 CBD gummies a day.
The exact number depends on many factors, such as your body weight and desired effects.
- Start with one gummy.
- If you don’t feel anything after 3-4 hours, take another gummy.
- Repeat till you feel the effects of CBD in your system.
If you’re new to CBD, start with a small dose (try our Love Hemp Jelly Domes - 5 mg CBD per dome) and gradually increase your dosage.
Pro Tip: The UK’s Food Standards Agency recommends you consume no more than 70 mg CBD daily.
5. What Precautions Should I Follow When Taking CBD Gummies?
Here are some things to remember when taking CBD gummies:
- Avoid consuming CBD gummies during pregnancy/breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor before using CBD alongside prescription drugs to avoid side effects.
- Do not consume too many CBD sweets in a short period. High CBD doses (>100mg/day) may cause mild side effects like nausea and dry mouth.
- Steer clear of full spectrum CBD products (contains THC) to avoid adverse side effects. They are illegal in the UK.
- Check CBD gummy ingredients for allergens, pesticides, and heavy metals. Go for non-GMO, organic, and vegan CBD (vegan gummies) products.
If you experience any side effects after consuming CBD gummies, seek medical advice ASAP.
6. How Do CBD Gummies Work?
Like other edibles, CBD gummies are processed by your digestive system.
Once CBD enters the bloodstream, it interacts with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) to produce the desired effects.
The endocannabinoid system consists of neurotransmitters and receptors that maintain your body’s natural balance.
7. How Long Will CBD Gummies Take to Start Working?
A CBD gummy could take around 30 minutes to two hours to show effects.
The exact time depends on factors like body composition, metabolism, and CBD potency in each gummy.
While the effects of CBD gummies take longer to appear than a CBD cream, CBD vape, or CBD tincture, they last much longer.
8. What Should I Look for in CBD Gummies?
To buy the best CBD gummies, check the following:
- Certificate of Analysis (COA): Check if the company has done third-party lab testing for contaminants (pesticides and heavy metals), allergens, and THC. Premium CBD brands like Love Hemp and Mission C display third-party testing reports on their website.
- CBD potency: Always check the CBD concentration in the edible (CBD capsule or gummy) as it influences your dose.
- Type of CBD: There are various forms of CBD — pure CBD (isolate), broad spectrum CBD, and full spectrum CBD gummies. Choose broad spectrum CBD or pure CBD gummies to avoid THC’s effects.
- Other ingredients: Pick gummies with healthy, organic, and natural ingredients. Look for labels like gluten-free, vegan friendly, and non-GMO.
- Flavour: CBD gummies come in a wide range of flavours — choose one that fits your taste.
9. Will CBD Gummies Get Me High?
Unlike THC, CBD has no intoxicating properties and won’t make you high.
Usually, even full spectrum CBD gummies don’t have enough THC to get you high. But they are still illegal in the UK.
Try GreenBox’s high-quality broad spectrum and CBD isolate vegan gummies for a safe experience.
10. Are CBD Gummies Legal?
CBD gummies are legal in the UK as long as they contain 0.0% THC.
Some brands claim a CBD product can have up to 0.2% THC.
However, that’s a misinterpretation of the law. The 0.2% figure applies to the THC content in the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa) — NOT the finished CBD products.
|Did You Know?: It’s illegal to own or make products from a CBD flower in the UK.
A CBD flower comes from the prohibited part of the hemp plant and is considered a class B drug in the UK.
11. Can Edibles Like CBD Gummies Make Me Fail a Drug Test?
CBD gummy bears and other edibles, like a CBD capsule, may appear on your drug test.
But don’t worry! CBD is legal in the UK and approved by organisations like the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
However, you may fail a drug test if your CBD product contains THC.
THC is an intoxicant from the cannabis or hemp plant that’s illegal in the UK and other countries. So, if you consume full spectrum CBD gummies (or THC gummies), you may fail the drug test.
12. Do I Need a Prescription to Buy CBD Gummies?
In the UK, hemp and CBD products can be sold only as food supplements.
So you don’t need a prescription to buy CBD gummies.
13. CBD Gummies vs CBD Oil: Which One Should I Get?
It depends on your personal preference.
Your body processes CBD oil and CBD infused gummies differently:
- CBD oils are usually taken sublingually and take effect faster than gummies.
- On the other hand, the effects of CBD gummies last much longer (around 4-6 hours).
CBD gummies are also a more convenient and discreet way of taking CBD.
Bottom line: Try CBD oil for quicker effects. Go for a CBD gummy for convenience and sustained effects.
14. Can I Refrigerate CBD Gummies?
Yes, you can refrigerate CBD gummies.
Refrigerating CBD gummies can prevent:
- Gummy ingredients like gelatine and pectin from destabilising
- Mould growth on the gummies
15. How Long Can I Store CBD Gummies Before They Expire?
CBD oil has an approximate shelf life of 14-24 months. But CBD gummies may have other natural ingredients that may expire sooner.
So, check the product label for the best-before date. Also, store CBD gummies in a cool and dry place to maximise shelf life.
16. Why Choose CBD Gummies at GreenBox?
If you’re looking to buy CBD gummies, you’ll love our products.
- Lab-tested gummies from premium CBD brands like Love Hemp, Mission C, and Provacan
- Broad spectrum CBD and pure CBD isolate products free from THC, pesticides, and heavy metals
- Gummies from sustainably farmed hemp
- Vegan friendly options (vegan gummies)
Plus, you can avail flexible delivery options, helpful customer service, and easy returns if you’re unsatisfied with any product (whether a CBD cream, bath bomb, or gummy).
Check our website for further details on shipping, returns, and more.
Let us Help you
GreenBox is here to help you discover which products best suit your needs. We encourage you to contact us below and we promise to get back to you shortly.Contact us