All CBD oils are lab tested, THC free, and legal in the UK. Explore the range of strengths and flavours. Read FAQs
Why You Will Love the CBD Oil Collection at GreenBox
A CBD (cannabidiol) oil is a blend of CBD extract and a carrier oil such as hemp seed or coconut oil.
Thanks to their remarkable therapeutic properties, CBD oils are increasingly popular in the UK.
But why GreenBox?
These products can help you sleep better, boost your immunity, and relieve sore muscles and body aches.
Besides, our CBD oil range is vegan-friendly, 100% THC free, and comes in delicious flavours. So you can shop worry-free and to your heart’s content!
1. What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is a food supplement that contains hemp extract in a carrier oil like coconut oil or MCT oil.
2. What are the Benefits of CBD Oil?
- Improve your sleep quality
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Promote relaxation
- Ease stress and anxiety disorders
- Enhance your energy and focus
3. How do I Take CBD Oil Drops?
Follow these steps to take CBD oil drops:
- Measure your CBD oil dosage with the dropper and place the drops under your tongue.
- Hold them for 60 seconds before you swallow to allow maximum absorption.
- You may feel the effects of CBD oil in about 15-30 minutes.
Unlike CBD gummies and capsules, CBD oil drops give you full control over measuring your doses. Products like CBD gummies have pre-measured doses, which don’t allow you to personalise your CBD dosage.
4. How Much CBD Oil Should I Take?
Your CBD oil dosage depends on many factors like your body weight, metabolism, CBD product type, bioavailability, etc.
So it’ll take some trial and error to find the perfect dose of CBD for you.
If you’re using CBD oral drops for the first time, start with a low dose (20-50mg/day). Then, gradually increase the dose until you feel the desired effects.
Check our CBD Dosage Chart to figure out the correct dose.
5. Is CBD Oil Legal in the UK?
Yes, CBD oil is legal in the UK only if the product contains 0.0% THC.
Full spectrum CBD oils are illegal in the UK since they contain trace amounts of THC. Go for THC-free broad spectrum CBD oil or CBD isolate oils instead.
6. How Does CBD Oil Work?
CBD oils interact with your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) to show the desired effects
The ECS is a large network of neurotransmitters and receptors that regulate your appetite, immune system, sleep, pain, and other bodily functions.
7. How Long Does CBD Oil Take to Work?
It could take 15 minutes to an hour for the full effects to kick in.
The exact duration depends on your weight, consumption method, CBD oil dosage, etc.
8. How Long Will the CBD Oil Effects Last?
The effects of CBD oil may last between two and six hours, depending on the bioavailability and the CBD brand you use.
9. What Does CBD Oil Taste Like?
Pure CBD oil has an earthy taste, which is often “acquired”.
10. When Should I Take CBD Oil?
Taking CBD oil twice a day (in the morning and in the evening) is the most common intake schedule, which fits into most lifestyles.
But you can take CBD oil whenever you want to feel its therapeutic effects.
11. How is CBD Oil Made?
CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from a hemp plant and infusing it into carrier oil — such as hemp oil (hemp seed oil), MCT oil, or coconut oil.
Here are two popular ways of extracting CBD from hemp plants:
- Ethanol extraction: This extraction method uses an ethanol-based solvent to pull CBD and other cannabinoids out of hemp fibres. It may leave impurities in the finished CBD oil product.
- CO2 extraction: This extraction process uses pressurised carbon dioxide to extract CBD hemp oil from raw hemp plant material. CO2 extraction is one of the safest and most effective methods for manufacturing CBD oil.
12. What are the Different Types of CBD Oil?
There are three different types of CBD oil — CBD isolate, broad spectrum CBD oil, and full spectrum CBD oil.
- CBD isolate: CBD isolate oil is 99% pure CBD oil mixed with a carrier oil (like MCT oil). Pure CBD oil does not have any other cannabinoids or plant compounds (which are removed during the CBD extraction process).
- Broad spectrum CBD oil: Broad spectrum CBD oil contains CBD, as well as many other beneficial cannabis plant compounds (cannabinoids like CBG, terpenes, and flavonoids). But it doesn’t include THC.
- Full spectrum CBD oil: Full spectrum CBD oil is a type of cannabis oil that contains CBD and other cannabinoids, including THC. Due to its THC content, this type of cannabis oil is illegal in the UK.
13. Will CBD Oil Make Me Feel High?
No, hemp CBD oil won’t make you high.
Unlike THC (the main active compound in the cannabis plant), CBD has no intoxicating properties.
Plus, every legal CBD product must be THC-free (containing 0.0% THC) in the UK.
14. Does CBD Oil Have Any Side Effects?
Pure CBD is safe, and you’re unlikely to experience any side effects at normal doses. The FSA recommends a maximum dosage of 70mg/day.
At very high doses (>100mg/day), you may experience side effects like:
- Dry mouth
- Changes in appetite
CBD may also interact with prescription medication (like opioids) and cause adverse effects.
Also, avoid any CBD hemp oil product if you’re pregnant/breastfeeding, as it may adversely affect your baby.
Bottom line: Consult your doctor before starting your CBD journey.
15. Is CBD Addictive?
CBD is not addictive — it has no intoxicating properties like THC.
16. CBD vs THC: What is the Difference?
CBD and THC are the two major cannabinoids in cannabis.
Their main differences are:
- CBD (cannabidiol) is a chemical compound in the hemp plant known for its therapeutic health benefits. It’s legal in the UK.
- THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is a cannabis compound known for its psychoactive (“high”) effect. While it’s illegal in the UK, it’s used in some legal medical cannabis products.
17. What’s the Difference Between CBD Oil and Hemp Oil?
- Hemp oil (hemp seed oil) is made exclusively from the seeds of the hemp plant. While hemp oil is rich in natural fats and nutrients, it contains almost no beneficial cannabinoids.
- CBD oil is a hemp extract made from the leaves, stems, and fibres of the hemp plant. CBD oil provides a wide range of therapeutic health benefits.
18. Where Can I Buy CBD Oil UK?
If you’re looking to buy a bottle of the best CBD oil in the UK, look no further than GreenBox — your one-stop CBD shop!
- The UK’s most trustworthy and high quality CBD oil brands — like best sellers Vitality CBD and Love Hemp.
- Lab tested and quality-assured CBD oils.
- A wide range of 100% natural ingredient vegan CBD oils in different flavours and strengths.
- Other CBD food supplement products like CBD gummies and capsules. We also have high quality CBD balms, creams, serums, CBD bath bombs, and more.
A variety of national and international shipping options and a 30-day full refund policy.
Let us Help you
GreenBox is here to help you discover which products best suit your needs. We encourage you to contact us below and we promise to get back to you shortly.Contact us