1. What is CBD Oil?
CBD (cannabidiol) oil is a blend of pure CBD or hemp extract and a carrier oil like olive oil or MCT oil (coconut oil).
Pure CBD is extracted from cannabis plant variants like hemp.
CBD oil is the most popular way to take your CBD dosage and is usually available in two convenient forms:
Side note: CBD oil is different from CBD tincture. While CBD oil uses carrier oil as a base, CBD tincture uses alcohol.
2. Does CBD Oil Help for Sleep?
Research suggests CBD oil may help with sleep disorders such as insomnia and sleep apnea. It may also promote deep sleep and improve your overall sleep quality.
And that’s not all…
These benefits may indirectly promote better sleep and make you feel well-rested the next day.
3. How do I Take CBD Oil as A Sleep Aid?
For best results, take CBD oil sublingually, ideally 1-2 hours before bedtime.
- Drop (with the provided dropper or pipette) or spray CBD oil under your tongue.
- Hold it there for at least 30 seconds before swallowing.
The CBD in the oil gets absorbed by mucous membranes in the mouth lining, bypassing the gut.
This improves CBD's absorption rate into the body (vs. ingesting CBD directly in the form of CBD gummy or capsule).
4. How Does CBD Oil Work to Improve Sleep?
CBD oil works by interacting with your endocannabinoid system (ECS).
The ECS regulates your sleep and helps keep sleep disorders in check. It’s also vital in ensuring optimum mental health and gut health.
5. How Long Does CBD Oil Take to Help With Sleep?
The exact time depends on your dosage and the CBD product.
Take CBD oil sublingually, and you may feel the benefits of CBD within 15-30 minutes. Other oil-based products like CBD capsules could take 1.5-4 hours to show effects.
6. Is CBD Oil Safe?
The World Health Organisation says CBD is safe and well-tolerated in humans.
Make sure you buy a high-quality, THC-free CBD supplement for a top-notch CBD experience.
Here are some general safety guidelines for CBD users:
- CBD dosage: Too much CBD (more than 100mg daily) may result in unwanted side effects like fatigue and drowsiness.
- Pregnancy and nursing: Healthcare professionals recommend avoiding CBD during pregnancy and breastfeeding to protect the health of the growing fetus or baby.
- Other prescription meds: A CBD supplement may interact negatively with some prescription meds, causing adverse effects.
7. How do I Work Out CBD Oil Dosage for Better Sleep?
When it comes to CBD oil, there’s no one dose that fits all!
- Body weight
The UK’s Food Standards Agency (FSA) recommends a maximum safe dose of 70mg daily.
GreenBox recommends: If you’re a new CBD user, start with a low dose (20-25mg/day) and increase incrementally as you build tolerance.
8. Will CBD Oil Get Me High?
Nope! A CBD oil with 0% THC won’t make you feel high, as cannabidiol doesn’t intoxicate the body.
THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is the cannabis compound that produces the psychoactive “high”.
9. Is CBD Oil for Sleep Legal in the UK?
Yes, CBD oil is legal in the UK, as long as it’s 100% THC free.
10. Do I Need a Prescription to Buy CBD Oil in the UK?
You don’t need a prescription to buy CBD oil, or any other CBD supplement, in the UK.
CBD products are sold as food supplements, not medicines. But you need valid prescriptions for medical cannabis products like Sativex or Epidiolex.
11. Can CBD Oil Make me Fail a Drug Test in the UK?
CBD may likely appear in a drug test, but it won't make you fail it.
This is because the cannabinoid has been approved by the World Doping Agency (WADA) and is legal in the UK.
12. What Should I Check on the CBD Oil Label?
Always check your CBD oil product label for:
- Type of CBD: The CBD type (full spectrum CBD, broad spectrum CBD, CBD isolate) determines whether you experience the entourage effect or not. So choose accordingly!
Note: Full spectrum CBD products are illegal in the UK as they contain THC. So, go with broad spectrum CBD to enjoy the entourage effect.
- CBD potency: Always check the CBD strength in the oil or capsule. It affects the amount you’ll need to complete your required CBD dosage for improved sleep quality.
- Certificate of analysis: Check the certificate of analysis (CoA) to ensure the CBD product is made with organic hemp and is free from THC, heavy metals, and other harmful chemicals.
- Other ingredients: Check other ingredients in the CBD oil product. While some, like gluten, could be potential allergens, others, like natural carrier oil (coconut oil, hemp seed oil, MCT oil) and lemon balm could provide added health benefits.
Note: Some CBD products may also contain other sleep-inducing supplements like melatonin for enhanced effects.
- Flavour of oil: If you don't like the earthy flavour (from terpene and flavonoids in hemp plant) of natural CBD oil, go with flavoured oil with many exciting choices like chamomile and lime.
13. What are the Top CBD Oils for Sleep in the UK?
Here are some of the best CBD oil products you should try:
- Mission C Night + CBD Oil 1000mg: Looking for an intensely relaxing experience? Add these CBD night drops from Mission C to your bedtime routine.
- Vitality CBD Relax Drops: Want to de-stress and ease anxiety? This delicious cherry-flavoured oil – infused with lemon balm – is the perfect remedy after a long workday.
- Vitality CBD 1200mg Sleep Support: One of the bestsellers from Vitality CBD, this medium-strength CBD oil is enriched with chamomile to induce a deeply relaxing sleep!
14. Why Choose from GreenBox’s Range of CBD Oil?
Here’s why you should choose GreenBox when shopping for CBD products in the UK:
- GreenBox stocks some of the most trusted, premium CBD brands in the UK, like Vitality CBD, Love Hemp, and Mission C.
- All the CBD products in GreenBox’s store have been lab-tested and come with a CoA. This means they’re 100% free from THC, GMO ingredients, and other harmful chemicals.
- GreenBox’s entire CBD range, including CBD night drops, CBD gummies, and CBD bath bomb products, is made with natural ingredients and is suitable for people with vegan or vegetarian preferences.
- The hemp extract and hemp oil (or hemp seed oil) in our products are sourced from sustainably farmed hemp.
- GreenBox provides free 48-hour delivery when you checkout with more than £35. We also offer 30-day free returns and full refunds for all unopened products.
Visit GreenBox for the best CBD oil products, CBD skincare products (CBD cream & moisturisers), CBD gummies, and much more!
Let us Help you
GreenBox is here to help you discover which products best suit your needs. We encourage you to contact us below and we promise to get back to you shortly.Contact us