CBD serums offer anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and oil-reducing benefits, which may improve your skin health. Read FAQs
1. What Is a CBD Serum?
CBD face serum is a skin care product infused with CBD (cannabidiol) — a therapeutic compound in hemp (Cannabis sativa) plants.
These serums may help moisturize your face, improve skin tone, soothe irritation, and improve overall skin health.
2. How to Use a CBD Serum?
Like a regular serum, you can use CBD serums before applying face and eye cream, lotions, and makeup.
Here’s how to use CBD serums as part of your skincare routine:
- Apply a small amount of facial serum onto freshly cleansed skin in the morning and evening.
- Use soft patting and sweeping motions to cover your face and decolletage (neck) area.
3. What are the Benefits of Using a CBD Serum?
CBD serum products offer many benefits for every skin type.
They may help:
- Treat inflammatory acne and redness
- Control oily skin
- Reduce spots, blemishes, and breakouts
- Brighten your skin
- Improve skin tone
- Regenerate skin cells
- Reduce flushing
- Soothe irritation
- Reduce hormonal conditions
- Improve skin health
- Reduce the presence of fine line wrinkles
- Improve skin elasticity and hydration
- Boost collagen levels
- Promote glowing skin
4. What Skin Conditions Can a CBD Serum Help with?
CBD serum may help with the following:
- Acne: CBD serum may relieve acne symptoms due to its oil-reducing, antimicrobial, and anti inflammatory properties.
Most CBD serums also contain other beneficial ingredients, like aloe barbadensis, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid, that may help combat the symptoms of acne, redness, and oily skin.
- Dryness and itching: CBD may soothe dry skin and reduce inflammation and irritation. Some CBD serums are also rich in fatty acids, which can do wonders for dry skin (and hair).
- Ageing and wrinkles: CBD has antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties that may help prevent the signs of ageing like fine lines or wrinkle marks. Hyaluronic acid is also a common CBD serum ingredient that helps promote face skin elasticity, reducing wrinkle lines.
- Infections and inflammations: CBD serum’s anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties may help ease skin infections and inflammation.
5. How Are CBD Serums Made?
Here’s a quick overview of how CBD serums are usually made:
- CBD is extracted from the hemp plant using CO2 extraction and other methods. This could be a full spectrum CBD, broad spectrum CBD, or CBD isolate (pure CBD) extract.
- The CBD extract (aka hemp extract) is blended with popular skincare ingredients like essential oils, fatty acids, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, hyaluronic acid (sodium hyaluronate), and probiotics to create the final CBD serum.
Some CBD face serum products also include ingredients like:
- Argan oil (or other oil types like hemp seed oil)
- Colloidal gold
- Potassium sorbate
- Sodium benzoate
- Fruit extract
- Benzyl alcohol
- Blue tansy
6. How are CBD Serums Different From CBD Lotions or Creams?
Unlike a CBD lotion or CBD face cream, CBD serums usually:
- Contain very high concentrations of active key ingredients (like vitamin C, vitamin E, and essential oil) that may boost overall skin, scalp, and hair health.
- Don’t include airtight moisturising ingredients (like mineral oil or petrolatum) — usually used to keep water (aqua) from evaporating. This gives CBD serums a lighter consistency than CBD face and eye cream or moisturiser products, allowing faster absorption through the skin.
7. Are CBD Serums Legal?
Yes, CBD serums are legal in the UK as long as they contain 0.0% THC.
8. How Long Do CBD Serums Take to Show Effects?
You may feel the effects of your CBD facial serum 15 minutes to an hour after applying it to freshly cleansed skin.
9. Do CBD Serums Have Any Side Effects?
According to the World Health Organization, CBD is well tolerated by most people and has a good safety profile.
However, topical CBD serums may cause a few minor side effects, especially if you have sensitive skin or are allergic to some of the ingredients.
Possible side effects include:
- Skin irritation and itching
- Skin rash
To avoid skin irritation, do a small patch test before applying the CBD serum to your face — especially if you have sensitive skin.
10. How to Choose the Best CBD Serum?
Follow our handy tips to choose the best CBD serum for your skin:
- Check the product label for CBD content: Some low-quality CBD brands may try to pass off “hemp seed oil” as CBD oil serums. While hemp seed oil may be great for moisturising your skin, it has almost zero CBD.
Ensure you read the product detail carefully before purchasing a CBD product.
- Check the product’s Certificate of Analysis: The CoA ensures the quality of the skin care product you’re purchasing. It indicates any presence of THC or other harmful additives.
- Only buy from reputable brands: Check the CBD brand to ensure you’re buying from a reputable and trustworthy CBD supplier.
- Check the ingredients list: Read the ingredients list of your product, just in case you may be allergic to any components of the CBD serum.
11. Why Choose GreenBox for CBD Serums?
If you’re looking to buy the best CBD serums in the UK, look no further than GreenBox — your one-stop CBD shop!
- The UK’s most trustworthy and high-quality CBD brands — like best sellers Vitality CBD, Love Hemp, and Mission C.
- Lab-tested and quality-assured broad spectrum CBD and CBD isolate (pure CBD) products.
- Vegan and THC-free CBD products — CBD serums, CBD oils, CBD gummies, CBD capsules, and more.
- A loyalty points program (GreenPoints) where you earn points each time you order. Use these points when making future purchases.
- Free 48-hour UK delivery if you spend £35 or more.
A variety of national and international delivery options and a 30-day full refund policy. Read more about our returns and delivery information here.
Let us Help you
GreenBox is here to help you discover which products best suit your needs. We encourage you to contact us below and we promise to get back to you shortly.Contact us