CBD (cannabidiol) is known for its numerous health benefits and stress relief properties.
Generally, the correct dosage for relaxation is around 25-50mg daily.
However, this can vary based on several factors.
Also Check Out
- How Much CBD To Relax?
- 4 Tips To Find The Right CBD Dosage For Relaxation
- How Does CBD Help You Relax
- When Should I Take CBD for Relaxation?
- 3 Ways to Consume CBD For The Ultimate Calming Experience
- 4 High-Quality CBD Products to Unwind After a Long Day
- 5 FAQs About CBD for Relaxation
The recommended CBD dose for relaxation is about 25-50 mg daily.
The right dose may vary from person to person, depending on several factors, like:
- Your body weight
- The potency of the CBD product
- Your body’s unique biochemical composition
- Your metabolism
- Other medications you may be taking
|Read More: Searching for the best CBD oil to improve sleep quality? Explore the Top 14 CBD oils for sleep in 2022.|
Here’s how you can determine the best CBD dosage for relaxation:
There are three main types of CBD.
- CBD isolate: This contains only pure CBD extract from the cannabis plant and does not have other cannabinoids, terpenes, or fatty acids.
- Broad spectrum CBD: This contains all the cannabinoids, terpenes, and fatty acids, except THC.
- Full spectrum CBD: This contains all the cannabinoids, terpenes, and fatty acids of the cannabis plant, including trace amounts of THC.
Which CBD type should you use?
For a relaxing experience, broad spectrum CBD is a good option.
Unlike CBD isolate, broad spectrum CBD contains various cannabinoid compounds for the so-called entourage effect. This can help you stay calm and grounded throughout the day.
But what about full spectrum CBD?
So the sale of full spectrum CBD in the country is prohibited. On the other hand, CBD isolate and broad spectrum CBD (which have 0.0% THC) are legal in the country.
|Read more: Wondering if CBD flower is legal in the UK? Check out the CBD flower laws, regulations, and alternatives.|
The CBD market has been exploding with some of the best CBD products in recent years.
But when you shop for CBD (whether CBD topicals, CBD edibles, or any other product), remember to:
- Check how many milligrams of CBD are in each serving of your CBD oil, CBD gummy, or CBD vape oil.
- Buy from reputable CBD companies such as Love Hemp, Provacan, and Vitality CBD. These companies lab test their products to verify their safety and purity.
- Ensure the product has a Certificate of Analysis (CoA). It helps verify the product’s potency and ensures it is free of THC, pesticides, heavy metals, and harmful ingredients.
Using CBD for the first time?
Seek medical advice from a doctor — especially if you’re on prescription medication.
A healthcare professional can also help you determine the correct dosage for your needs.
As you start your CBD journey to relaxation, proceed with caution.
Begin with a small dose of CBD (whether CBD oil, topical or an edible product) and gradually increase it until you get the desired effect.
For example, you can start with a 10-20 mg daily dose and increase it by 5 mg of CBD weekly.
Still confused about your CBD oil dosage?
Use GreenBox’s free CBD oil dosage calculator!
CBD can promote relaxation as it interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS).
What’s the ECS?
The endocannabinoid system is an extensive network of neurotransmitters and receptors in the brain and the body’s nervous system.
It consists of two major cannabinoid receptor types:
- CB1 receptor: CB1 regulates the psychoactive effect of cannabinoid compounds.
- CB2 receptor: CB2 can moderate the anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive processes in the body.
The endocannabinoid system controls your mood, appetite, sleep, digestion, and organ function.
As it interacts with the ECS, CBD helps regulate the stress and anxiety levels in your body, making you feel calm and relaxed.
Picking the right time to take CBD can enhance its relaxation effect.
For example, taking your CBD dose in the evening will help you have a calm, good night’s rest.
Have a stressful day ahead of you?
Take half of your daily dose in the morning to help you waltz through the day without hassle.
There are several ways to consume CBD hemp extract — from vaping CBD to taking a drop or two of CBD oil sublingually and applying CBD topically.
Here are three creative ways to use CBD for a serene experience:
- Add a CBD bath bomb in your tub: A CBD bath bomb, containing essential oils and terpenes, can effectively promote heavenly relaxation.
- Enhance your smoothies with a CBD tincture or oils: Add a drop of CBD tincture or CBD oil to your favourite smoothie and feel its calming effects.
- Complement your evening cuppa tea with extra CBD: Make your regular cup of tea. Once you remove the tea bag, add a drop of your preferred CBD oil to the water. Sip slowly and feel the tension in your body dissipate.
But there are plenty of other CBD products you can try, such as:
- CBD edible supplements (like CBD gummy and CBD chocolate)
- CBD vape
- CBD capsules
- Topical CBD such as serums, lotions, and creams
|Read more: Discover all the key differences between CBD oil and hemp oil.|
These high quality CBD products will make you feel relaxed and grounded.
- Love Hemp 3000mg Natural CBD Oil (£99.99): This high-strength pure CBD oil has a mild natural flavour. It can help you reach a meditative state of mind and feel more balanced.
- Mission C Lavender + Bath Bomb (£8.00): This CBD bath bomb is infused with natural lavender and rosehip essential oils that leave you feeling pampered and relaxed.
- Vitality CBD Relax Drops (£24.99): These drops have all the calming benefits of CBD. They are also infused with lemon balm for a more fulfilling, peaceful rest.
- Vitality CBD 1200mg Calm Support (£24.99): This CBD oil can ease your mind and provide your body with the pain relief it needs.
Here are the answers to some common CBD-related questions.
You may start feeling the relaxing effects of CBD a few minutes to a couple of hours after consuming it.
But there’s a catch:
The exact time depends on several factors, such as:
- Method of consumption (vaping, using a dropper, etc.)
- Type of CBD (broad spectrum CBD, full spectrum CBD, CBD isolate)
- Dosage of CBD and quality of the CBD product
- Your biochemical composition
CBD has many health benefits:
A study conducted by the US National Institute of Health found CBD can:
- Ease symptoms associated with mental health disorders, epilepsy, depression, and anxiety disorder
- Improve sleep
- Act as pain relief for chronic pain
Research on the interaction between CBD and prescription medication is still preliminary.
But, it suggests CBD can interfere with prescription medication (like Xanax, Adderall, and Ibuprofen) and lead to unwanted side effects like diarrhoea and increased drowsiness.
The most significant factor that increases the interaction risk is the amount of CBD you consume. A higher dose of CBD increases the risk substantially.
Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), pure CBD doesn’t give you a “high” or a feeling of euphoria.
There is no evidence that taking a higher dose of CBD can harm your overall well-being.
Studies have shown people can tolerate doses as high as 1,500 mg daily.
While these doses may not be lethal, they can lead to unwanted side effects such as drowsiness, nausea, and diarrhoea.
Pro Tip: The FSA recommends a maximum of 70mg of CBD daily.
|Read More: Looking for a calming CBD experience? Check out this list of the Best CBD Sprays.|
Get The Best CBD Product For Relaxation at GreenBox!
Finding the ideal CBD dosage for relaxation is a delicate process.
To achieve the desired effect, purchase a high-quality CBD product and determine your optimal dose. It may take some trial and error, but the rewards are endless.
Looking for CBD products that can help you relax and provide stress relief?