Two most popular ways to use a CBD (cannabidiol) spray:
No, it’s not as complicated as it sounds!
Let’s dive deeper into these methods and answer three FAQs regarding CBD sprays.
How to Use CBD Spray: A Handy Guide
There are two ways to use a CBD spray to dispense the required doses of the hemp extract:
Here’s how to take a CBD oral spray:
- Shake the bottle well.
- Spray the required CBD dosage under your tongue.
- Leave it there for 20-60 seconds without swallowing.
How does it work?
The CBD enters your system through the sublingual glands (salivary glands located below the tongue). This is a more direct route than other methods of ingestion and shows effect within 15-30 minutes.
Quick tips on using a CBD oral spray
- Sublingual application is effective for chronic pain, anxiety, and sleep disorders.
- For maximum effect, don’t eat or drink anything for 1-2hrs after consuming the CBD oil orally.
- If you’re a beginner, go for a flavoured CBD product to ensure you don’t skip your daily dose.
|The berry-flavoured Vitality CBD 1200mg Spray or the minty Love Hemp 1200 mg CBD Spray are some exciting oral sprays to try!|
For topical application:
- Ensure that the application site is clean and dry before spraying.
- Spray the recommended number of pumps on the skin.
- Gently massage the site in a circular motion until it’s fully absorbed.
How does it work?
Skin is our largest organ and houses multiple cannabinoid receptors (part of the body’s endocannabinoid system).
After it penetrates the skin’s surface, the CBD interacts with these receptors to impart its health benefits.
However, topical CBD only works locally and doesn’t enter the bloodstream. So it won’t have an effect on other parts of your body.
Quick tips on using a topical CBD spray
- Suffering from localised pain or a particular skin condition? Apply CBD spray to the affected area for pain relief.
- If you’re using a topical CBD spray for the first time, test it on a small patch first to check for skin irritation or allergy. If you experience such side effects, contact a healthcare professional immediately.
- Avoid using CBD sprays on broken skin (injuries, flaky, acne, etc.) to prevent irritation.
Note: While CBD comes from the cannabis plant, it doesn’t have the same psychoactive effect as THC.
So you can spray away your worries — just remember to go for THC-free products!
Let’s look at some common queries asked by new CBD users:
1. What Are the Benefits of CBD Spray?
The main benefit of a CBD spray is that you can ensure a precise dose effortlessly.
Sure, this is true for edibles like CBD gummy and capsules too. But if you struggle with digestive system disorders, it’s best to avoid the stomach route.
Moreover, a CBD mouth spray has higher bioavailability than edibles.
All-in-all, a CBD spray is quick, discrete, precise, and matches a dropper in terms of the bioavailability of CBD.
2. Which Carrier Oils Are Used in CBD Sprays?
Most CBD sprays contain CBD extract and a carrier oil like olive oil, hemp oil, and MCT oil (coconut oil).
A CBD oil spray is better absorbed and metabolised in your body since cannabidiol is fat-soluble. So it dissolves and binds to the oil quickly.
3. What Should I Consider Before Purchasing CBD Sprays?
As with any over-the-counter food supplement, you must do your homework before investing in a CBD spray.
- CBD products that have the latest Comprehensive Certificates of Analysis (COAs). These certificates provide details like the formulations, amount of CBD or THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), evidence of harmful chemicals or acids, etc.
- High-quality brands, like Love Hemp and Vitality CBD, that clearly mention where they source their hemp, their cannabis cultivation process, product potency, etc.
- A CBD product with excellent customer ratings and product reviews.
Oral or Topical? You Call the Shots!
Use the information we covered to determine how to use CBD spray for your well-being.
Love CBD but worried about sourcing the best CBD product?
Check out GreenBox’s wide range of lab-tested, THC-free CBD products. Whether you want a CBD mouth spray or a CBD bath bomb, we’ve got you covered!