Help keep that immune system firing on all cylinders with this plant based immunity boosting smoothie. We’ve hand picked a selection of fruit and veggies which are all packed with plant goodness. We’ve also added the extraordinary KannaSwiss Daily Booster Shots which you can buy at GreenBox to take it to next level healthy territory. This is a great way to get your fix of vitamins, minerals, nutrients and CBD all in one great tasting plant based smoothie!
Smoothies are a fantastic way to drink your five-a-day and get all those key nutrients into the diet. Plus, as they taste great your kids will love them too! They’re the ideal and cooling companion on a warm summer’s day and a great alternative an alcoholic drink one might usually turn to for that refreshing feeling.
What’s healthy about this immunity boosting smoothie?
Each one of these ingredients bring a great natural health benefit:
- Citrus is a great source of natural vitamin C which strongly supports a healthy immune system
- Cinnamon is a superfood famous for its antioxidants which fight against free radicals. The fewer free radicals, the better the body’s health
- Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric. It’s a great antioxidant and thought to combat inflammation in the body
- Saffron potentially has great mood boosting qualities
- CBD is in vogue right now and thought to have many health benefits, such as reducing stress and anxiety, and helping fight inflammation
- Ginger helps digestion, helps fight the flu and other common colds
You will need the following to make this delicious immunity boosting smoothie:
- 1 carrot, banana and orange
- 1 teaspoon of ginger (paste or equivalent)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 300ml orange juice
- 3 tablespoons of dairy-free coconut yoghurt (or equivalent)
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 KannaSwiss Daily Booster Shot
- Step 1: First, throw all the ingredients into a smoothie maker such as a Nutribullet
- Step 2: Blend! Flick the switch and watch the magic happen
- Step 3: Taste and adjust for thickness (more banana or yoghurt to thicken, or more ice to thin)
- Step 4: Enjoy! Pour over ice if preferred and devour